Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Five Months Old!

I somehow always post these a few weeks late, but school (yes, that's right, I'm crazy and back to school full time to finish my MACJ degree, all online though so I can be a stay-at-home-mom) and being a mommy keep me busy!


At Julianne's four month check-up it was noted that she had a "dimple" on her spine, above her tailbone. It is something that wasn't too serious, but should be checked out just in case it was something serious. So the pediatrician recommended we get an ultrasound for her. I am so thankful we have a great children's hospital in the area because it was not fun, the ultrasound that is! I almost cried because Julianne was crying so hard and for so long. We had to put her in the fetal position, a position she does not want to be anymore and had to hold her there for a good 5-10 minutes. Luckily for Julianne, she was young at the time it happened, and probably doesn't even remember getting the ultrasound. Oh, and Julianne provided us with some comic relief during the ultrasound: she peed, yes peed, on Thomas's arm during the ultrasound! Haha! We received the results last week and thankfully our baby girl is just fine! No spina bifida or tethering of the spine (this is what a dimple on the spine could be a sign of, that is why they ordered an ultrasound)! Yay! 


Julianne amazes us each and every day. She's always doing something new, from rolling over non-stop like a little pro, to whining with her mouth closed, to squealing with delight while playing with Thomas, to enjoying baby oatmeal. I love being her mommy and love watching her grow and change into such a lovely little person! 


Instead of the usual photos this month, I am going to share some videos of the lovely Miss Julianne:

 
Julianne and Thomas playing! I just love her squeals and giggles! 


 
Rolling like a pro! 

Enjoy the videos! Hopefully I'll be better at updating about Julianne and our little family of three, but don't count on it!

2 comments:

Ricki said...

What a cutie she is! Glad to hear the results were happy on the ultrasound. Good luck with the schooling!

Anonymous said...

Good news. Glad everything is ok. And what a doll! We need to vacation soon.