Sunday, May 17, 2009

Perfect Weekend

This weekend was the perfect weekend. I haven't had a weekend for about a month and a half now and it was so wonderful to have a full weekend with Thomas. The beautiful weather came out just for us (or so I like to think)!
On Saturday we woke up, relaxed a little bit and decided if we were going to go to Golden Gardens we better head over there. We knew with how sunny it was going to be that we better get there before it got too crowded. It was so beautiful! I have been there a few times in years past, but this was the first time going in the morning. We enjoyed walking along the beach and seeing the Olympic Mountains in the distance. The only sad thing was that the tide was too high for Thomas to show me the neat sea animals that he was able to see when his biology class took a field trip there last Monday. It definitely was nature at its finest.
After Golden Gardens, I had to show Thomas "The Beast". "The Beast" is a set of stairs that Kathryn decided to introduce Kaisha and I to last weekend for a bit of an exercise. I had to show them to him for him to understand why I was so sore from going up and down them! I think now he understands...
For lunch we decided to head to the U-district to go to our favorite Chinese place. The lady there remembered us even though we hadn't been there in almost a year (it's too much of a pain to ride the bus there or find parking on the Ave since moving to Lake City). I think the reason why Thomas likes going there so much (apart from the great food at a good price) is that she reminds him of his crazy Chinese mother. We got our fill of wonderful Asian cuisine and went down the Ave.
It just so happened to be the weekend the Street Fair is on there. We checked out some booths, saw some things we'd love to have if we had the money (wood handcarved Native American flutes) and ended up going home empty handed.
We definitely had too much sun (as is my sunburn evidence of). I can't wait for summer to come so we can have more sunny days!

3 comments:

Kaisha said...

Nice!!!

Anonymous said...

FUN!!! I haven't heard of the Golden Gardens but I certianly want to go! And I'm glad you showed off the "beast!"

Kaisha said...

I think you should write on your blog more Jamie. It's been half a year!