Sunday, March 8, 2009
Update on my Dad
For those of you who know and for those of you who don't know, my dad was recently in the hospital for a week or so. He had a fever of over a hundred for four days straight and decided it was best to admit himself to the hospital. While there doctors poked and prodded for about a week. And after a bone marrow tap test came back we discovered that he has leukemia. The type of leukemia he has is very rare, it's called hairy cell. Only 2% of those that have leukemia have this form, and of those that have this form most are Japanese men. To say the least, my dad has a rare form of a rare form of leukemia. Hairy cell leukemia is not curable, but it is treatable through chemotherapy and can go into remission for up to ten years. He begins his out-patient treatment this week. I ask that you keep him in your thoughts and prayers as he goes through this ordeal. He is in good spirits so that is always a plus. And thank-you to all of those who have been saying prayers for him and my family, they are much appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
We're praying for you and your dad. I only wish we could do more.
I'm sorry to hear that Jamie. I've been wondering what was going on and trying to leave you alone if you need space. If you need to talk or anything, call me. You know I went through illnesses and death with my father, so I understand the pain that there is watching somebody you love be that sick. Be strong for yourself and your dad.
Post a Comment